MY it’s been a while since I last posted!
Here’s the cliffs:
- Getting married in April!
- Moved to Dallas, TX at the start of this year for the fiance’s job. Had a rough time finding a job of my own so far, but I have an interview for Monday so my fingers are crossed really tight!
- Wedding planning is kinda/sorta/almost done, and I am SO READY. I’m planning everything myself. Wedding planners, and anyone who has planned their own wedding on a very limited budget can feel my pain. It’s like the extra little things never STOP.
- Got my AS in General Sciences this past summer, finally. Going back to school down here in Dallas this summer to get my RN. Gonna be a nurse!
- Tried veganism for a short while. If you aren’t passionate about not eating animals, that stuff is HARD. Not to mention being surrounded by meat eaters. Eventually I may try it again since I didn’t do it long enough to really see any health benefits, which is what I was after. We’ll see. That or I will just not eat animal products that didn’t come from humanely and organically raised critters. When we can afford to be that picky…ha. When people say that animal products are addicting, I kinda think they are right. If you really love meat and dairy, it is way hard to give it up.
- I have discovered the deliciousness that is umeboshi plums. Ume vinegar, ume paste….SO GOOD. You can do whole plums if you want, but oddly enough I have found that the paste is cheaper. If you get any of it, GET THE VINEGAR. If you are a salt fiend like me, you will want to put it on everything. You will want to put it on ketchup. That is impressive. (Kidding, btw….don’t put it on ketchup. Unless you want to.)
- I feel guilty for not chronicling my culinary adventures. One thing I will say, there is some slow-cooker brown sugar and garlic chicken recipe that is circulating around Pinterest….I didn’t want to use lemon lime soda in it so I subbed lemon juice…DO NOT DO THAT. IT TASTES HORRIBLE. Like dog food, but worse in a way. It ended up tasting great after I covered it in delicious local BBQ sauces….but yea, on its own it was terrible. THAT SAID, it might taste perfectly wonderful using the lemon lime soda as called for in the recipe.
- I’m sure no one will have noticed because no one really looks at this thing anyways, but I have changed the name of my blog. I am redirecting it a bit, to be more all-encompassing. Along with that, I have removed a couple of earlier posts that are no longer relevant.
I am currently testing out a delicious Sriracha Chicken recipe, and will post about its success later tonight or tomorrow. For right now, my fiance wants the computer.
Till next time….peace out!